In an effort to better our community, Kershaw2Go is pleased two offer two scholarships for dedicated high school students who are working to improve the lives of Kershaw County’s citizens. Two awards will be given (one for $1000, one for $500) to recipients who provide outstanding applications. Scholarships will be awarded anonymously by a committee vote. All Kershaw County high school attendees who meet the criteria are invited to apply.
Entries are due by 11:59 PM on December 15, 2021. Award winners will be announced in January, 2022.
- $1,000 for first place
- $500 for second place
- Current high school seniors or those within two semesters of graduation
- Attending a public Kershaw County High School with plans to enter college the next year
- Open to students with any GPA
Preferred (but not required) Criteria
- Participation in any CTE (Career Technology Education) programs
- Students from economically disadvantaged populations are especially encouraged to apply
- Complete the online application
- Submit one essay
- Submit one recommendation letter from a school official (teacher, guidance counselor, administrator, etc.) or a community leader you have worked with directly
- 500 Word Maximum
- Typed in Microsoft Word.docx format
- Must respond to both questions
- What community work have you participated in (volunteering, attending community events, donating items to local charities, participation in school clubs)?
- What superpower would help you to better your community and how would you use it?
Recommendation Letter Requirements
- No more than 2 pages single-spaced
- Recommender must be a school official (teacher, guidance counsellor, administrator, etc.) or a community leader you have worked with directly
- Letter must include recommender’s contact information (phone and email address). We may contact the recommender to verify your recommendation.
- Recommender should describe how they’ve worked with you and what impact you have made on a community-related or academic project.
- Can be submitted in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format
- Application Open: August 15th
- Deadline for Applicants: December 15th
- Awards announced by January 31st